Northern Rivers Screenworks Inc. (“Screenworks”) supports and provides leadership for the development of an innovative, vibrant and sustainable regional screen industry (film, television, online, games and apps), with a particular focus on the Northern Rivers region of NSW.
We do this by providing professional development and networking opportunities and services for screen content creators and workers, which are delivered in the Northern Rivers and beyond.
We promote regional-based screen projects, events and people and our unique regional cluster to the NSW, national and international industry via our communications and marketing strategies. We also assist local and non-local productions in the Northern Rivers region through location and crew referral services, and stimulate screen culture by promoting screenings and discussion of local and Australian films for the broader community.
Screenworks Members Code of Conduct is intended to help maintain appropriate standards of behaviour of members towards other members, colleagues, cast and crew and other professional institutions.
It rests upon the assumption of a number of core values which require that members, staff and board members behave with:
- Loyalty to the interests of the membership
Screenworks is committed to encouraging the highest standards of ethical practice and professional conduct of its members. As an incorporated association, Screenworks is committed to complying with applicable laws and standards, and industry codes of conduct. We expect our members to be equally committed to these laws, standards and codes.
By virtue of your membership of Screenworks, it is expected that you shall:
- Reinforce the integrity and reputation of Screenworks
- Always act with due regard to the laws, customs, practices of the state in which the member works
- Promote a culture of fair and ethical behaviour
- Conduct business in an ethical and responsible manner
- Abide by Screenworks’ protocols and codes, along with any applicable industry protocols and codes
- Support and contribute to the purposes of Screenworks
- Abide by the Screenworks Board’s published resolutions
- Pay Screenworks membership fees on time
- Participate in research surveys and projects undertaken by Screenworks where possible
- Respect colleagues and other members and treat them fairly
- Treat colleagues, other members and visiting guests with integrity and respect
- Be aware of potential conflicts of interests and make declaration of any such conflict, or perceived conflict