The Northern Rivers region has always delivered on unsurpassed beauty, talent and locations, and now has a film studio infrastructure for complete turnkey shooting and delivery.
With a vision to build multiple modern purpose-built sound stages in this region, Byron Studios has been overwhelmed with production interest and have commenced operations with interim stages. A state-of-the-art studio complex is being built in 2022, with the full support of the local film-friendly council (Ballina) and with stages to range between 1000 to 2500 sqm.
Currently, Byron Studios can offer four varied, air-conditioned and sound treated studio spaces for hire across two different locations:
Byron Bay (Industrial Estate):
- Studio 1 – a 150m2 facility with Green Screen Cyc, edit suites, sound booth and production offices, bathroom and kitchen
- Studio 2 – a 100m2 facility that can mimic a house set along with three offices, bathroom and a flying curtain rail.
- Both studios have parking and are located next to each other.
Alstonville (30mins drive south of Byron Bay and 15mins from Ballina):
- Studio 3 – a 975m2 and 10m H clear span
- Studio 4 – next to and connected with Studio 3, a 400m2 space with a lovely parquetry floor 4.5m H clear span room above
- Both studios are set alongside extensive outdoor areas, which allow for significant unit parking and external shoots and also offers a secure set construction space (750m2, high roof).
High-speed fibre internet connection is available at all sites, along with full Post and VFX services, data wrangling, screening room and secure file management and delivery systems.
For more information about Byron Studios facilities and our future plans, please visit: