An exciting opportunity to work with Australia’s regional screen industry organisation to develop and deliver Screenworks industry events and programs.
Industry Programs Manager
Full time position
Screenworks is a growing screen industry service provider based in Ballina NSW that delivers professional development and networking opportunities and services for film & TV content creators and workers living in regional Australia. We’re a non-profit registered charity with over 23 years’ experience and have an exceptional reputation for helping regional people overcome challenges by connecting them to opportunities in the industry.
The purpose of this position:
Screenworks’ Industry Programs Manager is a key role in organising and developing the industry events and programs that will build skills and enhance the careers of regional screen practitioners and continue to grow the capacity of the screen industry in regional Australia. The Industry Programs Manager works with Screenworks’ team to ensure that our programs, initiatives and events meet or exceed expectations set by the organisation.
What we need:
We’re looking for a new team member who is passionate about affecting change in the lives and careers of regional people, is highly organised, has an understanding of the Australian screen industry, and has experience either working in the film and TV industry or experience delivering industry events or programs.
Position responsibilities & duties:
- Develop and deliver a calendar of events and programs including seminars and workshops (both online and face-to-face), that provide creative and professional opportunities for people at every career stage in regional Australia including;
- develop and deliver Screenworks annual 3 day screen industry forum, working collaboratively with the Screenworks team and engaging contractors as required
- Prepare and monitor budgets for all events (subject to approval by the CEO);
- Oversee the work of Programs Coordinator and engage their support on the development and delivery of events.
- Work closely with the Communications Coordinator to engage their support in promoting the calendar of events and programs to ensure attendance and participation in Screenworks activities.
- Collect and assess data from Screenworks events, programs and initiatives, including indicating participants’ response to the event, past involvement and potential ongoing engagement with Screenworks, screen industry activity and project development.
- Drive the Screenworks membership expansion, including a focus on building the national member directory and the local crew database.
- Support local and incoming productions with referrals to local crew.
- Be responsible to the CEO of Screenworks for all administrative, operational and financial details relating to events/program management;
- Work closely with the CEO on the organisation’s future planning;
Previous experience working in a screen production role, programs or events management or a role that supports careers or the development screen projects would be highly advantageous but not essential.
The position is available as full-time, 37.5 hours per week or alternatively can be offered with flexible working options (such as a shared position, part-time, remote work, or work from home).
Ideally you will be located in, or be able to access the Northern Rivers regularly in order to engage with Screenworks’ team and community
All candidates should provide a cover letter detailing their suitability for this position including highlights of
your experience working in the screen industry or your experience working in events or programs that could be applied to this position and how your relevant experience addresses the position responsibilities.
Applications that do not address the guidelines will not be considered.
Screenworks encourages applications from people who live in regional Australia, First Nations People, people of culturally diverse backgrounds, people with disabilities or hearing impairment, and people from the LGBTIQA+ community. If you need assistance or support applying for this position, please contact us at [email protected] or 0403 133 100
Who to contact about this position?
All enquiries should be directed to Screenworks CEO Lisa O’Meara via email – [email protected]
How to apply:
To apply please submit BOTH of the following via email to [email protected]
- your current CV/resume detailing your previous roles working in the industry; AND
- a cover letter detailing your suitability for this position that responds to the application guidelines.
How to apply:
If you think you have what it takes and this role sounds like the perfect role that you have been waiting for, please submit BOTH the following via email to [email protected]
- your current resume detailing your previous roles working in the industry; AND
- a cover letter detailing your suitability for this position and highlighting how you would address the position responsibilities and duties.
We will be assessing submissions as they come in, but applications will close 5pm AEDT on 15 February 2024