REGIONAL PRODUCER ELEVATOR PROGRAM 2018/19
ADVANCING THE CAREER PATHS OF REGIONALLY-BASED SCREEN PRODUCERS
APPLICATIONS EXTENDED NEW DEADLINE 5pm, 28 Sept 2018
Screenworks Regional Producer Elevator Program annually supports two emerging screen producers, who are living in regional NSW, giving them the opportunity to pursue their career dreams and implement a professional development program.
The program is designed to increase the skills and industry experience for each of the selected producers by supporting their bespoke career development plan, providing an opportunity for face-to-face meetings with key industry stakeholders in metropolitan centres and offering attendance to the 2018 Screen Forever Conference where they will be able to participate in selected emerging producer sessions through the Screen Producers Australia (SPA) Ones to Watch program. They will also receive support from SPA in finding a mentor to work with them in the lead up to Screen Forever in November.
Screenworks’ Regional Producer Elevator Program is open to producers of all genres, including (but not limited to) TV drama producers, documentary producers and children’s television producers. This program would best suit early-career producers who have had initial success and are genuinely committed to building their skills as a professional producer in regional NSW and need the support and opportunities to further their career.
Through this program, participants will enhance their producing skills in order to contribute to the growth of the screen industry in regional NSW.
Two producers will undertake the following program:
- TAILOR-MADE CAREER DEVELOPMENT PLAN
As part of the application process, applicants are required to submit details that will form their career development plan where proposed activities are to the value of $3,500 (excluding GST). The plans may be made up of any combination of the following (or other opportunities):
- Conference/event/market attendance (international and/or national) Professional development training, courses or other opportunities
- Mentorships with a selected producer
- Development of early concept project materials (or slate of projects) that may include pitch documents, teasers (where relevant) or treatments (or ‘scriptments’)
Click here to view a sample career plan.
- FACE-TO-FACE MEETINGS WITH INDUSTRY STAKEHOLDERS
Up to 1 week (4 nights) trip to Sydney or Melbourne to have face-to-face meetings with Screen NSW & Screen Australia, in addition to any other identified stakeholders that would provide benefit to the career development of the selected participants (flights, accommodation, per diems and transfers covered).
- ATTENDANCE AT THE SCREEN PRODUCERS AUSTRALIA 2018 CONFERENCE – SCREEN FOREVER
The two successful participants will attend Screen Forever 2018 and will be able to participate in selected emerging producer sessions at the conference. This component includes conference tickets, flights, accommodations (up to 4 nights), per diems and ground transfers included.
- REPORTING & PRESENTATION TO LOCAL PRODUCERS GROUP
Successful participants will be required to deliver a written report to Screenworks on their involvement in the Regional Producer Elevator Program and to present to the local group of members about the outcomes from their involvement in the program (at the completion of the program).
SUPPORT MATERIALS AND DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED:
- A sample of your work: Please provide a link to an online video of your work
- Details on your current project (including title, short synopsis, format etc)
- An up to date resume/CV
- A letter of support from a screen industry professional who has known you for more than 12 months and/or is familiar with your work.
The following selection criteria will be considered when assessing applicants for participation in Screenworks 2018 Regional Producer Elevator Program (all criteria areas are equally weighted):
- The potential effectiveness of the professional development plan to help the applicant build relevant industry skills, overcome identified career barriers to living and working regionally with defined outcomes that help achieve future creative and career goals.
- The skills, achievements, experience and track record of the applicant and the quality of their previous work. Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the Initial Success eligibility criteria.
- The potential of the applicant to contribute to and enhance the growth of screen production in regional NSW demonstrated by the quality of current projects, previous works and letters of support provided.
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people living in remote areas of Australia are strongly encouraged.
Screenworks is strongly committed to ensuring equal access to this project – if you require assistance with your application, please contact Screenworks on:
Telephone: (02) 6681 1188.
ASSESSMENT PROCESS & APPLICATION DEADLINES:
All applications will receive an initial eligibility and quality assessment by Screenworks staff. Shortlisted applications will be sent to an assessment panel comprised of highly qualified and experienced screen industry professionals.
The assessment panel will consider how well the eligible applicants meet the selection criteria (listed above).
Applicants will be notified by mid-October 2018 by email of the outcome of their applications.
Applications to Screenworks’ Regional Producer Elevator Program close 5pm, Monday 24th September.
Applications must be submitted using the online application form available via Screenworks website. No late entries will be accepted, no extensions will be granted. Incomplete applications will be deemed ineligible.
Screenworks will advise all applicants in writing of application success or otherwise. No specific feedback will be given on individual applications.
DEFINITIONS/GLOSSARY OF TERMS:
“Initial Success” – To demonstrate Initial Success, applicants are asked to identify one of the following:
- a producer/production credit for a dramatic or factual film or screen work that has achieved broadcast, theatrical release or been commissioned or acquired by a major online content provider; or
- a producer/production credit for a dramatic or factual film or screen work that has been included in a curated festival, with preference given to the festivals profiled on the Screen Australia website (http://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/connect-with-audiences/festival-profiles) or on the 88th (2016) Academy Awards Short Films Qualifying Festivals List (https://www.oscars.org/sites/oscars/files/88aa_shorts_festival_list.pdf).
- a producer/production credit for a dramatic or factual film or screen work that has attracted an online audience of 10,000 or more views.
A producer may also be considered eligible if they have had recent success in projects currently in development that may meet one of the above criteria.
Regional NSW – Regional NSW includes the Central Coast, Hunter and Illawarra and is defined as the areas or regions outside of Sydney and Western Sydney as defined on Screenworks website
Screenworks Regional Producer Elevator Program is made possible with support from Create NSW and Screen Producers Australia
PLEASE SUPPORT SCREENWORKS BY USING THE LINKS BELOW.
Published on September 21, 2018 11:03 pm