Screenwest and Screenworks, as part of their New Kids on the Block Program, are supporting a limited number of regionally-based WA filmmakers to attend the 2023 Regional To Global Screen Forum. This year’s conference is taking place at the Lennox Head Cultural Centre, in NSW’s Northern Rivers from 30 March – 1 April.
Geared primarily towards regionally-based producers, directors and writers with global aspirations, The Regional To Global Screen Forum will feature a packed program of interactive panel sessions, case studies, in-focus presentations, industry roundtables, career mentoring and pitch opportunities. The conference will provide unique opportunities for regional screen practitioners to connect with an impressive array of domestic and global decision-makers and industry influencers. View a sneak peak of the 2023 sessions and speakers here.
About New Kids on the Block
Screenworks created the New Kids on the Block Program in 2022 to acknowledge the costs associated with attending the Regional To Global Screen Forum and to address the anxiety of being a “New Kid” at any event, providing financial and in-person support for all successful applicants.
Each participant selected for the program will receive:
- $1,500 to help with registration for the conference, travel and accommodation, etc.
- Connection to other program participants via Zoom prior to the conference
- Priority access to 1 x round table OR 1 x 1-on-1 session of their choice
- A meet ‘n’ greet in-person session held on the night of Wednesday 29th March
- Informal get-togethers during the conference to check-in
- A dedicated Screenworks staff member to answer any questions throughout the conference, introductions to key delegates etc.
How to apply
To be eligible to apply for this program, applicants need to have been living in regional Western Australia for more than six months, and not have attended a Regional To Global Screen Forum before.
First Nations practitioners and practitioners from historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Applications close Wednesday, 22 February 2023 at 5:00pm AWST.