Screenworks is a growing screen industry service provider based in Ballina NSW that delivers professional development and networking opportunities and services for film & TV content creators and workers living in regional Australia. We’re a non-profit registered charity with over 20 years’ experience and have an exceptional reputation for helping regional people overcome challenges by connecting them to opportunities in the industry.
The purpose of this position:
Screenworks is seeking a Communications Coordinator to join the our team. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, passionate and will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day execution of our marketing and communication plans. The core focus will be on managing our website content, social media platforms, electronic direct mail, circulating media releases and responding to enquiries. We deliver a wide range of exciting programs and this role is hands-on, independent and highly creative.
The role will be multifaceted and requires an individual that has previous exposure to marketing, writing newsletters, media releases, web content and digital content creation. You will be creating email templates and sending email blasts to members, managing numerous digital campaigns and creating content for social media channels, blogs and our website as well as circulating media releases. The role is also required to support the office administration needs of the Screenworks team.
Ideal candidates for this role will be creative and innovative, multimedia savvy, well-organised, and must be excellent writers and communicators. Ultimately, the exceptional Communications Coordinator should have a firm grasp of the different digital touch points, drive highly effective digital campaigns, enhance user experience, and deliver on digital objectives.
Screenworks’ Communications Coordinator is an important role that will work collaboratively within our team on the delivery of the Screenworks marketing and communications strategies.
In this role, you will oversee the deliverables and timeline of all aspects of our marketing and communications, coordinate with all necessary stakeholders and providers, and ensure that each marketing and communications component is professionally delivered on time and on budget.
You will need to be highly organised, adaptable and able to prioritise tasks while working collaboratively as part of a high-functioning professional team. You will ensure the smooth and timely delivery of marketing and communications activities and work collaboratively within project teams.
This is an ideal role for an individual that has communication skills and experience as well as knowledge of the film & TV industry who wants to be involved in the development and growth of the industry across regional Australia.
Position responsibilities & duties:
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with other members of the Screenworks’ team (in particular, the Projects Manager and Industry Development Manager) and key stakeholders, the duties of this position include:
- Plan and execute all marketing campaigns, in addition to measuring and reporting on campaigns;
- Create engaging EDMs and reporting on the delivery and engagement of EDMs;
- Create social media content and manage social media posts and scheduled calendar;
- Develop and execute social media campaigns;
- Increase followers and engagement across all channels;
- Build emails campaigns and content creation, along with creating social media content;
- Write and circulate media releases
- Maintain and manage databases for media releases and EDM circulation…”
- Ensure targeted and effective communication to maximise reach and impact.
- Strategically disseminate information to key regional sectors, local government bodies, partners, and stakeholders.
- Maintain website and continually update website information;
- Monitor and respond to Screenworks ‘info’ emails
- Provide verbal and written updates, information & data to the CEO for project meetings and regular reports as required;
- Complete any necessary administrative tasks, such as research and email; and
- Perform other relevant duties to assist with the delivery of projects and services offered by Screenworks.
You will need to be an excellent communicator, highly organised, people person, responsible, trustworthy, hardworking, committed and looking for a long-term role in a fast-growing supportive company.
As these projects and initiatives are screen industry related, it is expected that the individual in this role will maintain a broad knowledge of the screen industry and contacts.
Position type and remuneration:
Casual position, approx. 24 hours per week working either from Screenworks’ Ballina office or potential to work remotely, with flexible options available (subject to approval by the CEO). The position is being offered at $35 per hour including casual loading, plus superannuation.
All candidates should provide a cover letter detailing their suitability for this position, responding to each of the following:
- Provide details of their previous experience working on digital marketing and communications where they were required to demonstrate an ability to understand and deliver on the position responsibilities and duties set out above;
- Outline a situation showing where and how their planning and organisational skills were used in a previous similar position working as part of a small high-performing team;
- Explain a time where their keen attention to detail and aptitude for problem-solving were used to proactively address issue(s) that arose as part of a digital marketing or communication strategy;
- List their digital media experience using word press, Office Suite and Google Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Forms, analytics etc) and any other computer skills/software relevant to the position requirements.
Previous experience working in a digital marketing and communication position, planning and designing digital content and electronic direct mail is essential. Experience with WordPress and content management systems is desirable. Experience working in the screen or creative industries would be highly advantageous but not absolutely essential.
It is expected that all applicants will:
- Have a collaborative working style and team-player attitude, along with a positive attitude;
- Be able to work independently with little supervision, be highly motivated with a strong work ethic to deliver quality projects, programs and customer service in the organisation;
- Be reliable, trustworthy and committed to the team’s success; and
- Represent the organisation in an honest, ethical and professional way.
We’re looking for diverse candidates:
Screenworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace that supports innovation and leadership.
Screenworks encourages applications from First Nations People, people of culturally diverse backgrounds, people with disabilities, and people from the LGBTIQA+ community. If you need assistance or support applying for this position, please contact us at [email protected] or 0403 133 100.
Who to contact about this position?
All enquiries should be directed to Screenworks CEO, Lisa O’Meara via email – [email protected]
For people who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, we welcome you to use the National Relay Service (NRS):
- TTY users – phone 133 677 then ask for (02) 6681 1188
- Speak and Listen (speech-to-speech relay) users – phone 1300 555 727 then ask for (02) 6681 1188
- Internet relay users – visit the National Relay Service website and ask then ask for (02) 6681 1188
How to apply:
If you think you have what it takes and this role sounds like the perfect role that you have been waiting for, please submit BOTH the following via email to [email protected]
- your current resume detailing your previous roles working in the industry; AND
- a cover letter detailing your suitability for this position and highlighting how you would address the position responsibilities and duties.
We will be assessing submissions as they come in, but applications will close 30 October 2023