An 8-week series of online development workshops designed and hosted by Screenworks and the Australian International Screen Forum, New York (AISF).
APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED
Screenworks has partnered with AISF to offer this professional development opportunity for mid-career screenwriters living in Regional Australia. Participants will be able to hone their screenplays with New York-based screen industry professionals through a program of 8 weekly online skills-development sessions.
Applications are now open for writers of scripted features and/or TV to submit their original finished screenplay for the opportunity to develop it with the guidance of a select group of screen professionals. Confirmed New York-based mentors include Timothy Cooper (Founder and Owner, Blueprint Screenwriting Group), Joey Tuccio (Founder and CEO, Roadmap Writers), Nitza Wilon & Elizabeth Kaiden (co-Founders, The Writers Lab and Women in the Script Trade), Chris Beale (Ulladulla Films), Mike Gabrawy (Producer of Hotel Mumbai, Resident Evil and Jungle), Holly Hines (Founder and Owner, Happy Accidents) and Elliott Whitton (Fit Via Vi Productions). More advisors will be announced later this month.
On completion of the 8 weeks, successful participants can expect to have acquired;
- A more developed screenplay that is international in nature from both an audience and business perspective.
- An informed sense of current international development trends and processes.
- New connections with US-based mentors and opportunities.
- Professional feedback regarding script improvement.
- A tested and professional pitch for their project.
- Current information about securing the proper representation as a writer.
- This bespoke online program will run for 8 weeks from August 2023 to October 2023 through weekly interactive zoom sessions.
- There is a participant fee of $120 (incl. GST) payable to participate in this workshop
- AISF Write From Home 2023 Terms and Conditions
- Draft schedule is available HERE but is subject to change.