Two producers from regional NSW will be selected to undertake the following program:
1. TAILOR-MADE CAREER DEVELOPMENT PLAN
As part of the application process, applicants are required to submit a detailed career development plan where proposed activities are to the value of $3,500 (excluding GST). The plans may be made up of any combination of the following (or other opportunities):
- Training or professional development courses eg AFTRS and SPA Business Essentials or Screen ABC Skills Labs
- Conference/event/market attendance (international and/or national)
- Mentorship/professional guidance with an experienced producer (you need to apply with a letter of commitment from your mentor)
- Development of early concept project materials (or slate of projects) that may include pitch documents, teasers (where relevant) or treatments (or ‘scriptments’)
Click here to view a sample career plan.
2. FACE-TO-FACE MEETINGS WITH INDUSTRY STAKEHOLDERS
Up to 1 week (4 nights) trip to Sydney to have face-to-face meetings with Screen Producers Australia, Screen NSW and Screen Australia representatives and other identified stakeholders and key industry professionals who would provide benefit to the career development of the selected participants (flights, accommodation, per diems and transfers covered).
3. CONSULTATION WITH A PROFESSIONAL WORKING PRODUCER
With support from Fremantle, you will have the opportunity to receive professional production advice on advancing your production skills and techniques as well as career and project development.
With support from Screen ABC, you will have a consultation with an experienced professional producer who can advise you on how to achieve your personal goals and elevate your career potential as a screen producer.
4. ATTENDANCE AT THE SCREENWORKS 2021 BUSINESS OF PRODUCING SEMINAR
The successful participants will attend the Screenworks 2021 Business of Producing Seminar in March 2021. This component includes tickets for all participants, flights, accommodations (up to 4 nights), per diems and ground transfers included.
5. ATTENDANCE AT SCREEN PRODUCERS AUSTRALIA PRODUCED EVENTS OR OPPORTUNITIES
The successful participants will attend an opportunity or event being produced by Screen Producers Australia and undertaken relevant opportunities specifically designed to support early-career producers. This component includes any relevant registrations, flights, accommodations (up to 4 nights), per diems and ground transfers included.
6. REPORTING & PRESENTATION TO LOCAL PRODUCERS GROUP
Successful participants will be required to deliver a written report to Screenworks on their involvement in the Regional Producer Elevator Program and to present to their state funding body and a local group of members about the outcomes from their involvement in the program (at the completion of the program).